Estes Audiology in the News
- Audiologist and Managing Partner Kelli House accepted a proclamation from the City of Austin and Mayor Lee Leffingwell naming October Protect Your Hearing Month! Learn more about hearing protection here.
- Audiologist Lorrie Baggs accepted a proclamation in May for Better Hearing Month in Boerne from Mayor Mike Schultz! The story was featured in the Boerne Business Monthly, click here to read more.
Austin, we’re Hear! (see what we did there?)
Our Austin office is open and business is booming. It seems our wonderful patients who were already here in Austin (and yes, traveled to see us in our other offices) have spread the word. Learn more about Estes Audiology and how we opened our Austin office in this Austin Business Journal article. Click here to read the article.
Music Community News
- Dr. Soriya Estes spoke with Fox 7 Austin’s Mike Warren about the importance of hearing protection and letting your ears “rest during the fest” to help prevent hearing loss during the Austin City Limits Music Festival (ACL). Click here to watch the segment!
- “Hearing exams are among the most popular services offered to HAAM members.” Learn more about this amazing program from Executive Director Reenie Collins in this article from Community Impact.
- HAAM HEAR CLINIC PROVIDES HEARING PROTECTION FOR MUSICIANS. The HEAR Clinic provides hearing screening exams, education and custom-fit ear plugs to 350 musicians per year through HAAM Affiliate Service Provider Estes Audiology. These clinics continue to be extremely popular with our member musicians. HAAM members share how this service improves their lives in a new video. Click here to watch the video.
- KVUE featured an in studio interview with our very own Soriya Estes discussing HAAM/HEAR project events. Click here to watch the interview.
- The Austin Chronicle featured an article by Austin Powell about the HEAR project and the steps that are taken to create the musician’s plugs used by a number of musicians in the Austin area.Click here to read the article.
- News 8 Austin’s Andy Langer reported on the HEAR project. Click here to watch the report.
- The International Musician publication recently featured an article written by our own Soriya Estes. The topic of the article is about some of the contributing factors of hearing loss, with a focus on hearing loss in musicians. Click here to read the article.
Giving Back to the Community
- Gift of Hearing in 2013 brought us a couple of very worthy recipients and more nominations for any one person than we have ever had before! Click here to learn more about the program and the two wonderful people awarded this gift for 2013.
- The Austin American Statesman gave Estes Audiology recognition in their Business Philanthropy feature for our Gift of Hearing program! Click here to read the feature.
- 2nd Annual Hearing Aid Roundup by Estes Audiology and the Georgetown Sertoma Club Ropes in Used Hearing Aids Worth $45K Click here to view the press release.
Loop Central Texas Initiative
- Estes Audiology and the Sertoma Club of Georgetown worked together to get the Palace Theater in Georgetown, Texas looped in fall 2011.
- Estes Audiology Hearing Centers and Sertoma Introduce New Induction Loop Technology to Central Texas. Click here to view the press release
- Please click here to read the article in Focus on Georgetown Magazine about our recent Looping Projects for the City of Georgetown.
- Our own Dr. Soriya Estes contributed her expert knowledge to this DailyRx article on Hearing Loops, click here to view the article. Visit our Looping tab to learn more about Hearing Loops for your own facility.